While developing my first Discord server for the community around JournalSmarter, an idea came to my mind, which prompted me to write the following message to a friend:
Hey Elena! This is a turborandom question, but I thought you might enjoy revisiting Burning Man in your head:
I'm building a blueprint for virtual community building based on real world gatherings, to create spatial, social and cultural context for people who are not very tech savvy. And "Bonfire" gives a different vibe than #general-discussion
Could you give me a few examples (3-5 would be great!) of your favourite/most interesting "spaces" in Burning Man with a few keywords of what kind of stuff happens there?
For example, for Rainbow Gatherings:
- base camp (new arrivals, camper vans parking, drugs)
- main fire (food circles, announcements, moon parties, drum circles)
- main tipi (workshops, healing, talking stick circles)
- the well (random conversations, hanging out)
- the river (swimming, showers, sunbathing)
- chai camp (chai drinking, storytelling)
It would be amazing help, but no pressure if you're busy ;) Thank you anyway!
Lots of good summer vibes from the Azores!
The reply sparked quite a few thoughts. But more on that later.